The Norwegian Union of School Employees (Skolenes landsforbund) organizes teachers, school leaders, and other professionals within the education system. This includes driving school teachers.
The Norwegian Union of School Employees is a member of the Trade Union Congress in Norway (LO), and that includes LO State (for State employees) and LO Commune (for employees in communes and counties).
The Norwegian Union of School Employees was founded in 1982. Before that we were a branch within the union of NTL.
The union’s aim is as part of the labour movement to:
- work towards a good, democratic public education system
- work towards good salary and work conditions
The most important task of the Norwegian Union of School Employees is to ensure the members salary and work conditions.
The membership gives you co determination and influence at work. Through the endorsement to LO (the main Trade Union Congress of Norway) you will be part of a comradeship with more than 936.000 other member trade unionists.
The Norwegian Union of School Employees is in addition to this concerned about your welfare privately and offer other member benefits.
Including in the membership you get LOfavør Innboforsikring, which is the best contents insurance in Norway.
Including in the membership you get LOfavør Reiseforsikring, which ensures that both you and your closest family can travel safely all year around
Included in the membership you get HELP Advokatforsikring, which gives you free legal advice and legal aid in conflicts and lawsuits that are not work related.
These 3 insurances cost only NOK 230 per month.
You have the best contents insurance in Norway as a part of your membership. The insurance is called LOfavør Innboforsikring and has given members safety for more than 50 years. Now we have made it even better.
Did you know that?
- The contents insurance is part of your membership.
- There is no maximum insurance amount to be paid out.
- If you have an individual contents insurance, you should terminate it, so you don’t have to pay double.
- This contents insurance together with LOfavør House insurance will give you more advantages.
This you should know!
- If you own your own house, you need a house insurance. We recommend LOfavør husforsikring.
- You may need a special insurance for bunad, photo equipment and other thing when used outside your home.
- If you have objects or possessions valued more than NOK 300.000, these should have an additional insurance.
Everybody who is travelling needs a good travel insurance! With LOfavør Reiseforsikring we have been able to help a lot of people over the years. Like this we give safety to each other.
Your member benefits:
- You have your travel insurance confirmation in the LOfavør app.
- Favourable prices for travel insurance.
LOfavør Reiseforsikring is valid all year round and cancellation insurance is included. With this insurance you and your family are insured on all types of travel all year round, and there is no demand for spending the night elsewhere.
The member benefit LOfavør Advokatforsikring gives all members free access to a solicitor in private cases. You do not pay an hourly rate.
- Legal advice and full legal aid in conflicts and lawsuits within:
Child- and family
Confiscated driving licence by private driving (not by intoxication or speed)
Offensive web publishing (WebHELP)
Real estate (not buy and sale of house)
- 15 hours legal advice from solicitor per year.
- Coverage of legal costs up to NOK 2.000.000 in a dispute when the case must be solved by appeal or in court.
- Access to important, digital agreements made by the solicitors in HELP. The lawyers will also help you create legal documents through dialogue.
- Full coverage of your own and any sentenced expenses if the case must be solved in court.
- As a member you do not pay any deductible using solicitors in HELP.
- The insurance applies the member, his/her spouse/ partner og children under 18 living at home. By dispute within the household, the insurance covers the member of the Norwegian Union of School Employees.